Monday, January 17, 2011

The Opposite of Pessimism.

Is Optimism! 
Yes, im feeling quite optimistic after a fabulous weekend with some of my favorite people
Of course, every day i talk to Brian, who makes every day worth getting up for. 
I love hearing from him and knowing I am doing some part to bring some sun to the Hell he is in. 
But Saturday i went out running errands with Brian's mother, Mommy-o and his niece Chloe. 
Always fun. I got a few little things to send over there to him. 
Chloe is very cute and I love spending time with Mommy-o

After i came home, I sat and had a splendid random conversation with my mother,
while waiting for Isiah to come pick me up. 
Siah and I went to Applebyes and watch the Ravens game.
Shame, that they lost to the Steelers lol 

Then we went to Dave and Busters with the intention of chillin and watching the Falcons game
but we ended up buying a token card and got lost in all the games. 
Shames to say he pretty much kicked my ass in everything but the Jurassic Park game
But... I am the Queen of that game
Quite possibly and simply because I am a trigger happy psycho
:D
haha, the Falcons lost their game too. I was sad cause i was hoping they would win. Oh well

THEN-
On Sunday I spent the day with my beloved Jaanu
We went into DC and walked around the Smithsonian
We visited this one museum with all the ancient like, Japanese, Chinese, Egiptian, Iran and Afganistan artifacts and art work from WAAAY back when. I forget exactly what it was called. But it was very interesting.
Found some very beautiful things in there. 
And i found it amazing, how these ancient empires could make all these beautifully detailed pieces of work... but as you got further and further west and later and later in time.. you see the effort die, there was no long the detail and effort. 

Then we went to the Air and Space Museum
I love that place, its friggin Amazing. 
One, i just love looking at all the planes, especially the war planes and everything. 
I loved reading about the different wars we fought and how the planes played a roll 
You learn about more than just planes and how they work in there. 
They actually go through the history of the wars and you learn a lot
They also had a flight simulator which i think had to be the coolest friggin thing ever.  
You had the choice of controlling your "flight" or letting it just go
Well, if you let it just go, its not as fun
Trust me. 
We chose to control our flight. Meaning, we were flying the plane. 
Maybe not the best idea lol
Cause, i love my Jaanu, but he cant fly to save his soul hahaha!
I was the gunner
Cause, again, trigger happy.
My aim has gotten better too though
So they make you lock everything up, you cant take anything in the simulator but the clothes on your back
They buckle you in with two harnesses and say good luck

So basically what happens is you are in a fighter jet, in the middle of a war, and you have to fight off the enemy
Not easy when your plane is upside down almost the whole time lmao
Because Jaanu had the plane upside down pretty much the whole time
Which was the funniest crap i think we have ever done together
And, as we were doing spins and flips in the air, my hair decided to get all in the way and we couldnt see and i had to fight with it to get it to stay out of the way while we were... upside down
It is very disorienting, trying to climb out of the plane after all that lmao
Very, very worth it. Trust me

Then we went to the American Indian museum and watched some Native ladies preform
Then we went to the Art Gallery. 
Made fun of some white people because... you can only paint the same looking white people in the same position so many times. smh, english white people lol

AND THEN
to end a great day on a fantastic note
Olive Garden.
Need I say more? 
No, i didnt think so 

Of course, all that fun didnt come with out a price.
My left knee refuses to like stairs and my right hip just doesnt like me anymore
But i would totally do it all again in a heart beat.

I have these awesome people in my life...
and sometimes i get really mad at one person, or get really down or upset about something and forget about these amazing people.
I have to remember that I do have all this love in my life,
and I have all this love to give
and that these people make me happy. 
So i may always harbor cynicism 
But i shall try to be more optimistic
Because, you feel better, when you are happy 
:)


Now if i could just get the sun to come out and for spring to get here, life would be perfect lol

No comments:

Post a Comment